Digital Marketing may be defined as a marketing activity which is used to promote a product or service or making brand awareness on available digital channels over the internet. Any marketing activities performed over the internet using the digital devices like laptops, palmtops, desktops, mobile apps etc, it is referred as Digital Marketing.
Channels of Digital Marketing.
1) Display advertising: In Display Advertising, the advertisers display the banner ads on another website or blog for getting the traffic to advertiser’s website and for increasing the advertiser’s sale along with the brand awareness.
2) Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Search Engine Optimisation (SEO in short) may be defined as the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page for getting the traffic from natural or free search results for a particular keyword in a Search Engine.
3) Search Engine Marketing: Search Engine Marketing is defined as a marketing activity which promotes the website by increasing its visibility and ranking in search engine result pages with the help of ads, contextual advertising, and SEO techniques.
4) Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing may be defined as a process of increasing traffic or visibility of a website on the social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn etc..
5) Email marketing: Email Marketing involves sending a commercial e-mail message to its prospective customers for generating revenue and to its existing customers for retaining them.
6) Video Marketing: In this marketing, the advertisers use videos ads that engage the viewer into a buying mood by providing the information of their products and services. Nowadays, Video Marketing becoming more popular among internet user.
7) Referral marketing: Referral marketing is a method of promoting products or services to the prospective customer by providing references, usually word of mouth.
8) Inbound marketing: Inbound involves writing the good informative content and sharing this content as a means of converting prospects into the new customers and retaining the existing customers with the help of content marketing.